Featured in our very own Nintendo Life Indie Spotlight presentation earlier this year, Mercenaries Blaze promises a “lengthy campaign with gameplay depth and a fascinating story.” Players will come up against a series of strategic turn-based battles, upgrading their character, choosing between certain equipment and skills, and taking on optional side missions along the way.
Just like previous Mercenaries titles, battles are fought through an isometric viewpoint, and it’s up to you to position your characters in such a way that you’ll be able to get the most out of your offensive and defensive abilities. Here’s a feature list:
● Experience an amazing story with two distinct paths and a diverse cast of characters.
● Lots of optional battles that allow you to see more of the world and level up your team.
● 3D Battle Maps, giving greater control and depth in strategic play.
● Use Blaze Exceed, a key power that can turn the tide of battle.
● Incredible depth beyond battles, as you carefully manage equipment, skills and classes for your team.
Fans of Mercenaries Saga Chronicles and Mercenaries Wings: The False Phoenix will already know what to expect, but the game’s publisher assures us that you won’t need to have played past games to get stuck in here thanks to Blaze’s new, standalone story.
Will you be picking this one up on 17th December? Let us know with a comment.